Tuesday 3 April 2007

QotW10: My first go at Second Life!


I got this for this particular blog! :)




Finally, I'm in Japan! Look at how beautiful it is...






Surreal Japan


My Second Life (SL) name is Lorac Beresford. I actually wanted to put my own name, but unfortunately it was taken already, so I chose this name instead. My screenshots are not close-ups of me but at least you can see what my avatar looks like. I fashioned my avatar to look physically like me, with black long hair, and tanned skin. Another likeness to me is the clothes that I had my avatar wear. I like to dress casually and comfortably, so my avatar is also dressed the same; in jeans and in a black top, because black is one of my favourite colours.

I chose the one place that I want to go to and that place is Japan. Since there are so many places under Japan in Second Life, the place that I chose was Nagaya, Little Kyoto. Even though Japan is a country which is very advanced in many different things, it is also a place where traditions are still held very strongly. Many places outside of Tokyo are very surreal and still stick to their traditions rather closely, and this can be seen in the buildings in the screenshots. As you can see from my screenshots, the place that I chose looks really peaceful and untouched by the fast-moving pace of society. When I travelled there, I felt that I was thrown back into the past. That is why I picked this particular place, it is exactly what I like - peace and tranquility.





2 comments:

Sy said...

oh gosh carol, lorac really looks like you! haha.

Velvet Eden said...

hi carol!

I've linked your post to mine caused I wanted to know which part of Japan you went to.

Do drop a comment in my entry to let me know. Thanks!