Tuesday 16 January 2007

Me? What's there to tell? Let me think about it....


Goedemorgen/Goedemiddag/ Goedenavond ! That's Good morning/ Good afternoon/ Good evening in Dutch to you, depending on what time you're reading this...Here's a little about myself...I'm Carol Liu, and I'm turning 23 this year and I'm not shy to tell the world about it. I'm also half-Taiwanese, because my dad's a Taiwanese and my mum's local, so I'm pretty lucky that I get to be part of 2 very dynamic and different cultures. No doubt both countries are made up of a lot of Chinese, but the Taiwanese peoples' ideas of issues like money is very different from that of Singaporeans. Over there, they don't place as big an importance on wealth as we Singaporeans do.

In terms of hobbies or likes, I guess I'm like most people, I like movies, music and reading. However, I have an interest in two areas that many people find either utterly boring or too troublesome to learn- History, especially in the field of Egyptology, and languages. I've just started learning Dutch, and although it sounds just like German, it is very different. Other things that I like to do is to travel and take nature photos.. I have had a few of my photos published in a calendar that was done by Ngee Ann Polytechnic's School of Film and Media Studies. I also love to bake! I've baked cheesecakes, apple pies, quiches, chocolate cakes, and cookies...I guess if i decide not to work for anyone, I'll probably sell cakes & pies for a loving. Well, I guess that's all to me...Looking forward to your classes! Tot ziens (Goodbye!)

1 comment:

Renhao said...

Well that explains the foreign-ness I seem to see in you sometimes.

Egyptology eh? I like it too. At one point I was studying how to read hieroglyphics... It felt like Chinese all over again hahaha.